During election seasons, MPRC produces materials aimed at helping educate Maine voters about voting, voter registration and early and absentee voting.
You can also find general information on these topics on the Maine Secretary of State website here.
It’s never too late to register to vote in Maine. You can register to vote until, and including, Election Day.
You can register to vote in Maine if you are:
- A United States citizen;
- living in a town or city in Maine; and
- at least 17 years old and will be 18 years old by Election Day.
There is no cut-off date for registering to vote in person at your town office or city hall. On Election Day, you can register right at your polling place.
You can find out more about voter registration in Maine here.
Early Voting Resources
Any registered Maine voter can vote early through the mail.
- Follow this link to be connected to the Maine Secretary of State website.
- Use the website to request a ballot be sent to your home.
- Once the ballot arrives in the mail, complete it and return it to your municipal clerk’s office.
You can find out more about absentee voting here.